Tuesday, 23 September 2014

"Snow" by The Library of Fragrance*


The Library of Fragrance is a great little brand that has recently launched in the UK. On their website, they claim that they want to create fragrances that capture all the scents that 'surround us every day, but are too often under appreciated'. They've been an established brand in New York since 1996 as far as I can tell, and they have over 300 fragrances in the collection. There is currently 101 fragrances available in the UK from their website, and you can also pick up some of their most popular scents from Boots stores around the country.

I was super thrilled to receive a 30ml bottle of "Snow" on Saturday morning, and was absolutely desperate to tear into the little box that they sent it in, and give it a good old sniff.
The thought of capturing snow in a perfume is one that's pretty difficult, in my opinion, so I wasn't really expecting much - I imagined something very watery.
This little scent perfectly captures, for me, the essence of snow in a bottle. There's something very cool and fresh about the scent (two words that some may use to describe snow) and there's a great earthy kind of undertone that makes me picture a long Christmassy stroll in a local woods, or a crisp winter morning, wrapped up in a scarf and thick winter coat, hugging myself to try and stay warm. It's an intriguing smell that's strangely addictive. I'm very pleased that I'm now the owner of this fragrance, because it just makes me smile whenever I smell it.
This is definitely going to be my 'go to' scent over the next couple of seasons, and it should probably be yours too because, quite honestly, it's delicious.

You can pick up a bottle of this fragrance from most Boots stores for £15. At the moment there's also 2 for £25 on fragrances at Boots which is definitely worth checking out! There's so many intriguing sprays to choose from, from "Peach" to "Grass" to "Sex on the Beach". The Library of Fragrance also pride themselves on the fact that there fragrances are beautiful when they're on their own, but are also fabulous when built up in layers, making wonderful personalised scents.

Head over to your local Boots store and give this a sniff, and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment